Wellness Tuesday: 9 Effects of Diabetes
I’ve seen the negative effects of diabetes on others.
I know I don’t want to be diabetic, or even pre-diabetic. In order to prevent this, it means making serious life changes.
The most important ways to do this are by changing eating habits and exercising more.
Why don’t I want to be diabetic?
- Higher possibility for stroke or heart attack
- Vision problems including loss of eye sight
- Kidney disease
- Tingling, numbness, swelling, shooting or stabbing pain, or burning in the hands, feet or other parts of the body
- Gum Disease
- Effects on nervous system
- Extreme fatigue
- Increased thirst
- Additional stress, anxiety and depression
What are some effects of diabetes you’ve seen?