10 Scriptures for the Hurting Heart This Christmas
The holidays can be a very difficult time when we are hurting.
We may think back to a year or two ago when life was easier or our situation was different.
When we are hurting, we long to feel as if it’s the “most wonderful time of the year”.
But not matter how much we try, we cannot pull out of the funk.
There are times when we can only take life one day at a time.
The darkness will not remain and next year, the sun will shine brighter and we will have a different viewpoint.
If your heart is broken, hold on to God’s promises:
- He heals the broken-hearted and bandages their wounds. Psalm 147:3
- The Lord is near to those who are discouraged; he saves those who have lost all hope. Psalm 34:18
- Be strong and courageous. Joshua 1:7
- My flesh and my heart may fail, But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73: 26
- casting all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you. 1 Peter 5:7
- “Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest.” Matthew 11:28
- Fear not, nor be dismayed: for the Lord God will be with you; He will not fail you, nor forsake you! 1 Corinthians 28:20
- Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths. Proverbs 3:5-6
- Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1 Corinthians 13:7
- I can do all things through him who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
How has the Lord comforted you during a painful holiday season?
Comfort for the #brokenhearted this #Christmas Click To Tweet
*Pictures courtesy of Pixabay.com