Wellness Tuesday: Causes and Treatment for High Blood Pressure
Last week, I shared what high blood pressure is and the symptoms.
So what are the causes?
Some of the causes for high blood pressure include:
- Being overweight
- Family history of high blood pressure
- Too much salt or sodium
- Too much alcohol consumption
- Lack of physical activity
- Sleep apnea
- Chronic kidney disease
- Thyroid or adrenal disorders
Untreated High Blood Pressure can result in:
- Heart Attack
- Heart Failure
- Kidney Failure
To prevent high blood pressure, the AHA suggest:
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Eat healthy meals that are low in sodium, trans fat, saturated fat and sugar
- Limit alcohol
- Be physically active
- Take medication as prescribed
How do you control high blood pressure?