Wellness Tuesday: 10 Healthy Ways to Curb the Appetite
I have a healthy appetite and enjoy eating.
I’ve shared with you before that I want to do lose weight in a healthy and sensible manner and not depend on a lot of pills or unhealthy weight loss supplements.
So what are some healthy ways to curb the appetite?
- Drink a glass of water before each meal
- Eat a pack of nuts before each meal
- Move more. I notice that when I move more I eat less.
- Eat slower. Count bites and slow down how fast we eat. This is one I still struggle with.
- Don’t skip breakfast.
- Eat more protein.
- Understand why we are eating. Are we hungry or is it emotional eating?
- Do not multitask when eating. Just focus on eating. This is another one I struggle with.
- Don’t skip meals.
- Get plenty of sleep. It’s amazing how important this is, but recently I worked 3rd shift for a while and noticed a big difference when I didn’t get enough rest.
How do you curb your appetite in a healthy manner?