Worshiping with Nature
There are times when it is wonderful to just get out in nature and view all the wonders of this world. When you take in the flowers, mountains, lakes, trees, ocean and other beautiful scenes, it’s a great reminder of how artistic and imaginative God the father is.
God is more creative than the entire population of the world combined.
- Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
- John 1:3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.
- Psalm 96:11-12 Let the heavens rejoice, let the earth be glad; let the sea resound, and all that is in it. Let the fields be jubilant, and everything in them; let all the trees of the forest sing for joy.
- Psalm 95:4-5 In his hand are the depths of the earth, and the mountain peaks belong to him. The sea is his, for he made it, and his hands formed the dry land.
- Romans 1:20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.
- Psalm 19:1 The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
- Psalm 104:24-25 How many are your works, LORD! In wisdom you made them all; the earth is full of your creatures. There is the sea, vast and spacious, teeming with creatures beyond number— living things both large and small.
So, what are some ways we can worship God through nature?
- Take a walk
- Go for a hike
- Sit beside the lake, pond or ocean—thank God for his beauty and all he’s done for you
- Pick up leaves—look at each one and how unique they are, just the way each of us on earth are unique
- Go fishing—for many this is very relaxing and a great way to quietly spend time in meditation and prayer
- Sit outside and listen to the birds sing
- Photography—take pictures of the beauty all around
- Gardening—set aside a small section which will be used to bless others. Pray for these individuals while working on this portion of the garden.
- Be creative—find other ways to enjoy worshipping God while out in nature
How do you worship God in nature?