Benefits of Music
The philosopher Plato said “music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything.”
Music is the only entity that speaks to the human brain. In addition, it also has a powerful hold on a person’s psyche and soul.
Researchers have spent years understanding the ways in which music helps an individual. Surprisingly, there are numerous ways in which music have improved health and improved various functions throughout the body.
Some of the benefits of music include:
- easing pain
- improving motivation and endurance
- improve the quality of sleep
- assisting with weight loss
- enhancing blood vessel function
- keeps an aging brain healthy
- reduces depression and anxiety
- makes a person happier
- assist in maintaining heart issues and blood pressure
- boost the immune system
There is no recommended music for an individual to listen to other than “music s/he enjoys and is of the individual’s personal preference.”
How has music improved your life?