In the Struggle: 14 Alternatives to Lemon Water
Last week, we discussed the benefits of drinking lemon water.
However, I also admitted that I don’t care for the taste of lemons. I know it’s good for you and I’ve really tried to like the taste of lemon water, but no matter how hard I try I just can’t.
So what are some alternatives?
- Orange slices—oranges are full of Vitamin C and also help aid healthy blood circulation.
- Pineapple—relieves joint pain and arthritis
- Ginger—a great booster for the immune system
- Grapefruit slices—also have plenty of Vitamin C and good for the immune system
- Apples—numerous benefits including being good for bone health and the body tissues
- Strawberry slices—provides numerous anti-oxidants
- Mint—provides enzymes that supports the digestive system
- Grapes—have cleansing compounds and are also great for fighting cancer
- Raspberries—contain anti-inflammatory properties
- Lime slices—good for anti-aging and restoring
- Cinnamon—this spice helps boost the metabolism.
- Cucumber slices—they are great for flushing out toxins and aiding in hydration
- Rhubarb—the vitamin K helps to prevent blood clotting
- Blueberries—contain antioxidants that assist with arthritis, memory loss, and eyesight problems
I’ve seen this done numerous ways. Some friends have refillable water bottles that have a special fruit filter. Other friends have used mason jars, pitchers and jugs to place their cut up fruit in. From what I’ve been told by my friends, the fruit last around three to five days in this way.
The nice thing is the fruit combinations can be played with and changed to either prevent boredom or to find the combination that works best for your taste and health issues.
Are you willing to try it with me? Will this encourage you to drink more water?
What is your favorite combination?