Wellness Tuesday: 9 Ways to Choose Healthy Options During the Holiday’s
The holidays are upon us and that means Christmas parties and get together’s.
How can we make healthier decisions during the holiday’s?
- Choose more fruit and nuts
- Develop a plan before preparing a plate
- Offer to bring a healthy dish
- Eat before going to the party so you don’t arrive on an empty stomach
- Skip the desserts
- Select small portions
- Skip the alcohol. If a drink is necessary, commit to 30 minutes of exercise for each drink.
- Have one bite—if a food looks really good, commit to one bite of each food.
- Mingle—take time to talk with family, friends or co-workers. We eat less when we have company to talk with.
What are some tips you use to stay healthy during the holiday’s?