Worshiping with Dance
Michal despised David when she witnessed him dancing before the ark of the Lord.
This is one of the most famous examples of dancing before the Lord as a form of worship.
- Psalm 30:11 You have turned for me my mourning into dancing; You have loosed my sackcloth and girded me with gladness
- Judges 11:34 When Jephthah came to his house at Mizpah, behold, his daughter was coming out to meet him with tambourines and with dancing.
- 1 Samuel 29:5 “Is this not David, of whom they sing in the dances
- 2 Samuel 6:14 And David was dancing before the LORD with all his might
- Ecclesiastes 3:4 A time to weep and a time to laugh; A time to mourn and a time to dance.
- Psalm 150:4 Praise Him with timbrel and dancing; Praise Him with stringed instruments and pipe.
- Exodus 15:20 Miriam the prophetess, Aaron’s sister, took the timbrel in her hand, and all the women went out after her with timbrels and with dancing.
Dancing is one form of creative praying in which you can lose yourself in the music and the moment of worship, as you praise the Lord.
If you’re not a dancer, like I am, then this is a form of creative praying you can try in the privacy of your home.
Many churches today have even formed dance teams as a form of worship.
Do you dance before the Lord?