9 Ways to Make It On Our Own
I often wondered how I would make it on my own, especially after I left that difficult situation.
I was blessed in that I had a family to lean on and live with for several years while I rebuilt my life.
I have a friend who worked three jobs when she left her husband to make ends meet for her and their children. She did this for years until the children were adults and on their own.
Everyone and every situation is different.
Making it on your own isn’t easy. Even if you are not leaving a bad relationship, maybe you were recently widowed or separated in other ways and have to make it on your own.
So, how do you make it on your own?
- Start with your basic needs
- Don’t live beyond your expenses
- Determine ways to cut expenses
- Save as much as possible
- Create a budget
- Pay cash for everything
- Discover money saving tips from someone respected, such as Dave Ramsey
- Tithe regularly—I know firsthand this is much easier said than done
- Seek God—he has provided time and time again for my needs
Jesus said in Luke 12:24, “Consider the ravens; they neither sow nor reap, they have neither storehouse nor barn, and yet God feeds them. Of how much more valuable are you than the birds!”
If God will provide for the birds then he will provide for you.
God has provided for me time and again when I’ve been in need. Notice, I say need and not want.
How has God provided for you?