Wellness Tuesday: 9 Easy Ways to Get In Your Daily Dose of Fruits
Last week we discussed the importance of eating fruits and vegetables.
But, how do we get in the recommended 9 servings a day?
I don’t know about you but that seems like a lot to me.
When I hear 2 cups of fruit and 2 ½ cups of vegetables a day that seems a little more doable. So apparently ½ a cup is a serving.
So how do we get these in each day?
- Make fruit salad
- Toss fruit in with cereal or oatmeal for breakfast
- Eat a piece of fruit with cheese
- Eat dried fruit for a snack
- Make a fruit smoothie
- Have fruit for dessert or a bedtime snack
- Mix in with yogurt
- Bake in muffins, breads, pies, etc.
- Take a piece of fruit to work for a mid-day snack
How do you get in your allotted fruit each day?